Each household is limited to a total of seven household pets, of which only four may be dogs and only four may be cats.

Each household is allowed up to four small domestic animals. This includes small mammals and fowl such as rabbits, ducks, quail, geese, swans, chickens, pigeons and other similar animals. Proper confinement is required. Although the code does not prohibit roosters, they would potentially violate the noise ordinance.

For more specific information visit the Municipal Code or contact the City, 253-564-8901.


Tacoma Animal Care and Control  
Pet licensing and animal control for Fircrest is provided by Tacoma Animal Care and Control.

Please follow the link for more information.  


Found animals can be dropped off at the Humane Society For Tacoma & Pierce County.
2608 S. Center Street
Tacoma WA 98409
(253) 383-2733


The noise ordinance is enforced by the Fircrest Police Department (253-565-1198). Complaint documentation must be provided from three or more households.


There are no animal control officers in Fircrest, Tacoma, or Pierce County to handle wild animals (including rodents).  Coyotes, opossums, and raccoons are just some of the many wildlife becoming more visible now that we are building structures in their natural habitat.  If you encounter one of these wild animals and would like more information on living with wildlife or to report a concern, go to WA Department of Fish and Wildlife.  

If you find a wild animal that you suspect may be injured, please contact the PAWS Wildlife Center at 425-787-2500 ext. 817. 

The Sarvey Wildlife Center is also available for assistance in the event that you find an injured wild animal.  Their phone number is 360-435-4817.  Please visit their website to see if they can assist you.


Emergency Issues:
Dial 911

Deceased animals in road or right-of-way

Website Builder