Who do I talk to about abandoned vehicles and parking issues?

Abandoned or junk vehicles on the public right-of-way are enforced by the Fircrest Police Department.

For more information call the police office at 253-565-1198 or visit the FMC Chapter 9.64 and 16.40

What are the noise regulations?

Noise disturbances are enforced by the Fircrest Police Department. Public noise disturbances are particularly enforced between the hours of 11:00pm and 7:00am.
Construction noise is allowed Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:00am and 10:00pm and Saturday and Sunday between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00 pm

For more information call the police office at 253-565-1198 or visit the FMC Chapter 9.74

Is that sign legal?

If you have questions about signs on utility poles or on the right-of-way, please contact the Public Works Department, 253-564-8900.

How about political signs?

Political signs may be placed upon the periphery of a public roadway provided they do not interfere with traffic, whether vehicular or pedestrian, or interfere with the use of any residential or commercial property. Political signs may be placed upon privately owned property with the consent of the property owner.

A sign can be up for a total of 120 days and must be removed 10 days after the election.

For more information call the Planning and Building Department at 253-564-8900 or visit the FMC Chapter 22.26 

What about vegetation and garbage on sidewalks or streets?

If plants or other objects are encroaching onto the sidewalks or any public right-of-way, please contact the street department. This would include objects blocking sight visibility at intersection or objects blocking street signs. Call 253-564-8900 or click here

What about overgrown vegetation on private property?

Please see our information on nuisances.

How do I get a library card? Why do I have to purchase a card?

The City of Fircrest is not included in either library taxing district. You are able to purchase a library card from any of the City of Tacoma libraries and we will reimburse you at 100%.

Full  year $56 - reimbursement $56
Half year $28 - reimbursement $28

Submit your receipt with name and address to City Hall and we will mail out a refund in 2-4 weeks.

Contact 253-564-8901 for more info.

Is there a tree ordinance in Fircrest?

There are no tree cutting restrictions on developed private property (house located on the property). Vacant lots are subject to regulation. Please contact the Planning and Building Department at 253-564-8901.

Who do I report a hazardous tree to?

If the tree is on public property or on the public right of way, please contact Public Works, 253-564-8900.

If the tree is on private property, the City has no authority and the issue must be discussed between neighbors.


Fircrest Municipal Code (FMC)
(city laws and codes)

Pierce County Health Department 

Puget Sound Clean Air
(Burn ban; Air quality issues)

Westside Disposal
(Garbage schedule; change service)

Good to Go Passes

Residential Landlord-Tenant Resources

Website Builder