Barking Dogs

The noise ordinance is enforced by the Fircrest Police Department.  If you have concerns about noise from a barking dog please contact the Police Department at (253) 565-1198.  If you wish to file a formal complaint, complaint documentation must be provided from three or more households.


Pet Licenses

Pet Licensing and animal control for Fircrest is provided by Tacoma Animal Care and Control.  Tacoma Animal Care and Control can be contacted at (253) 627-7387.  More information is available on their website.

Tacoma Animal Control


Found Animals

Found domestic animals can be dropped off at the Humane Society for Tacoma & Pierce County located at 2608 S. Center Street, Tacoma, WA 98409. More information is available on their website

Humane Society



There are no animal control officers in Fircrest, Tacoma, or Pierce County to handle wild animals (including rodents). Coyotes, opossums, and raccoons are just some of the many wildlife becoming more visible now that we are building structures in their natural habitat. If you encounter one of these wild animals and would like more information on living with wildlife or to report a concern, please visit the WA Fish and Wildlife website.

WA Fish & Wildlife


Injured Wildlife can be reported to PAWS Wildlife Center at (425) 787-2500 ext.817 or you can contact the Sarvey Wildlife Center at (360) 435-4817.


Tacoma Animal Control

For animals on the loose or deceased animals in the street please contact Tacoma Animal Control at (253) 627-7387.

Tacoma Animal Control