The City of Fircrest has been requiring Alarm Permits since January 1, 1994. If you have an alarm system installed in your home please fill out a completed copy of the Alarm Permit Application . The application, along with the $15 permit fee, can be mailed to or dropped off at either City Hall, 115 Ramsdell Street, or the Fircrest Police Department, 302 Regents Blvd. Checks should be made payable to the City of Fircrest.
Please be aware:
- The permit is NOT transferable! If the home or business is sold, the permit holder must contact the Fircrest Police Department at (253) 565-1198 and cancel the permit so as not to be held responsible for others using the alarm.
- Anyone operating any type of alarm system as defined by City of Fircrest Code 9.78 within the city of limits of Fircrest without a permit or with an invalid permit, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.
- Each permit holder will be allowed two (2) false alarm responses within any six (6) month period. A service charge of sixty-five dollars ($65) shall be billed to and paid by the permittee for each false alarm response in excess of two (2) responses during a six month period.
- All overdue or unpaid charges will be turned over to a collection agency with the permittee being held liable under full process of civil law until the debt is paid.
- The alarm permit may be revoked if more than two (2) false alarm responses by the police department occur during any six month period, or if the service charge set forth in Item No. 4 is not paid within sixty (60) days of billing.
- Permits are not required for motor vehicle alarms
- Permit holders are required to complete the lower portion of the false alarm notification form left at the premises by responding officers and mail it to the address supplied on the form within three (3) days of the false alarm