Welcome to Fircrest-Ruston Municipal Court
- E-Filing begins October 23, 2023: Go to https://efileus.com/eFileWA to learn more
- Criminal cases are held in-person at 115 Ramsdell St, Fircrest, WA 98466. Failure to appear will result in a bench warrant for your arrest.
- Civil infractions with an attorney are held in person.
- Civil infractions without an attorney are held in person or can be heard by hearings-by-mail.
- Court staff available via telephone (253) 564-8922 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org during business hours.
Fircrest/Ruston Municipal Court will serve the public by providing an accessible forum for the fair, efficient and understandable resolution of civil and criminal cases, and by maintaining an atmosphere of respect for the dignity of all individuals.
The Fircrest/Ruston Municipal Court will be the forum in the City of Fircrest for the resolution of all cases of limited jurisdiction. To provide the highest quality of justice, the Fircrest/Ruston Municipal Court will:
- Provide fair, accessible and timely resolution of cases in an atmosphere of respect for all;
- Work as an independent branch of the government with other units of government to achieve common goals;
- Work to improve efficiency while maintaining quality justice and excellent customer services;
- Serve the public in a timely, impartial, diligent and courteous manner;
- Respect the diversity of the community.
The Honorable Judge John Miller, was appointed to the Fircrest bench in 1995. The Fircrest/Ruston Municipal Court has jurisdiction over all criminal & gross misdemeanors, infractions and parking violations that occur within the city limits of both Fircrest and Ruston.
The Municipal Court offers a number of services for defendants under court to comply with conditions of probation, as well as services and resources for victims. Victims of domestic violence can get temporary protection orders at Pierce County Superior Court.