The City of Fircrest does not handle complaints related to residential landlord-tenant issues. These include things like maintenance and repair as well as eviction notices.  If you rent your home, you are typically covered by the State of Washington’s Residential Landlord-Tenant Act (RCW 59.18).

Here is a list of sites that provide information and resources:

Residential Landlord-Tenant Resources | Washington State

  • Your Rights as a Tenant
  • Lawyer Referral
  • Other Resources and Agency Contact Information

Tacomaprobono – Pierce County’s Free Civil Legal Aid Program

  • Housing Justice Project
  • Free Legal Advice for Low-Income Tenants
  • Eviction Defense and Prevention
  • Landlord and Tenant Rights and Responsibility


Construction Permits

The City does regulate new or remodel construction that is covered by the International Building Code. If you have concerns with items you believe should have been permitted, you can contact the Planning & Building Department at 253-564-8902 or

For questions related to new electrical work, please visit Tacoma Public Utilities.