Parks & Recreation Mission
The Mission of the Department of Parks and Recreation is blending community needs and available resources to create and develop the highest quality recreational, athletic and social programs for the City of Fircrest.
Comprehensive Plan Ad Hoc Committee
Core Values: People Respect Involvement Development Excellence
Fircrest Park Playground Project
The Parks Department has started demolition on the 20+-year-old play structure at Fircrest Park. The old play structure will be replaced with a fun and quality designed commercial playground by BCI Burke. The installation scheduled to take place the week of August 27 and be open for use on September 3. Funds for this project were raised by Optimum Physical Therapy and everyone that donated to and participated in the Friends for Fircrest Golf Tournament, the Tacoma Narrows Rotary and the City of Fircrest.
Whittier Park Tennis Court Resurfacing Project
Steering Committee Charter
Fircrest Pool, Community Center, and Parks
Steering Committee Application
The primary function of the Fircrest Pool, Community Center, and Parks Steering Committee is to guide the project scope and design, help make the business case for the projects, and help with public education.
The Steering Committee will monitor and review project status, as well as provide oversight of the deliverables. The Steering Committee provides a stabilizing influence so organizational concepts and directions are established and maintained with a visionary view. Members of the Steering Committee ensure business objectives are being adequately addressed and the projects remain under control. In practice these responsibilities are carried out by performing the following functions:
- Monitoring and review of the projects at regular Steering Committee meetings;
- Providing assistance to the projects when required;
- Controlling project scope as emergent issues force changes to be considered, ensuring that scope aligns with the requirements of the City Council and any key stakeholder groups;
- Resolving project conflicts and disputes, reconciling differences of opinion and approach; and
- Presentation of project deliverables to the City Council to take official action.