Edwards Family Aquatic Center 2021 Summer Pool Program
For any pool-related questions, please email our Parks & Recreation Director, Jeff Grover, at email@example.com. You may also call the pool directly M-F, 1-8 pm & Saturday and Sunday 1 pm to 7 pm at 253-327-1213.
The related admission price will be required of all customers 6 years of age and older admitted into the Edwards Family Aquatic Center. Children 5 & under swim for free. Children 6 & under must be within arm’s reach of their parent or guardian at all times while using the large pool.
Mid-Week Open Swim
July 12 – Sept. 3
M-F 12:30-4 pm Afternoon Open Swim
- Resident $4
- Non-Resident $8
M-F 7-8:30 pm Evening Open Swim
- Resident $3
- Non-Resident $6
Weekend Open Swim
July 17 – September 6
Sat/Sun 12:30-5:00 pm
- Resident $4
- Non-Resident $8
Sat/Sun 6:00-8:00 pm
- Resident $3
- Non-Resident $6
Family Swim is a special swim session that is only open to children and their parents or guardians. Small water toys and floaties are allowed during family swim with lifeguard approval. Kids & teens 17 & under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian during Family Swim. The related admission price will be required of all customers 6 years of age and older admitted into the pool. Children 6 years of age and younger must be within arm’s reach of their parent or guardian at all times while using the large pool. In addition to USCG Approved Lifejackets, flotation devices are allowed during Family Swim.
Begins July 13
• Evenings Tuesday & Thursday 7 – 8:30 pm
Lap swim is for those of any age 18+ wishing to swim on their own and at their own pace. There is no coach on deck and lanes are first come first serve. Online reservations are not required as of 6/29/21.
June 28 – August 22
M / W / F 6:30 – 7:30 am
August 23 – September 4
Monday – Friday 6:30 – 7:30 am
- Resident $4 per visit
- Non-Resident $8 per visit
Group lessons are for children ages 4 and up and that are 32” tall at the top of the shoulder. Most lesson levels are offered every half hour. If your child has not participated in swim lessons before or has minimal experience with swimming, we recommend starting in level 1. If your child can swim but needs work on basic stroke or treading water, please consult with one of our head lifeguards for guidance on what level to sign them up for. As of right now swim lesson ratios are 5:1 student to instructor ratio. Each session is 5 days a week for two weeks consecutive weeks. Morning classes are offered from 9:30 am to 12:00 pm Monday-Friday. Evening Swim Lessons will be offered from 4:45-6:15 pm Monday-Friday. Online registration is required; spots are limited.
Session 2: July 12 – July 23
Resident Registration: July 8, 6 pm
Non-Resident Registration: July 9, 6 pm
Session 3: July 26 – August 6
Resident Registration: July 22, 6 pm
Non-Resident Registration: July 23, 6 pm
Session 4: August 9 – August 20
Resident Registration: August 5, 6 pm
Non-Resident Registration: August 6, 6 pm
Registration Process: Swim Lesson Sign-ups will take place at 6 pm the Thursday before each session begins for Fircrest Residents. Non-Residents may register at 6 pm the Friday before each session begins. Online registration only; spots are limited.
- Resident $47 per session
- Non-Resident $63 per session
- Swim lessons are available for both residents/nonresidents. However, residents will receive a 24-hour resident-only sign-up period. All swimmers must register for lessons using RecDesk. Each swimmer must have an approved RecDesk household account before registering or will be subject to a 48-hour approval period starting at the time of account creation. For liability and insurance purposes, it is important that the swimmer’s parent or guardian on the household account completes registration for their swimmer. Unfortunately, RecDesk does not have an option to register multiple swimmers at the same time for purposes of convenience. Each swimmer is linked to an individual registration and must register under their appropriate RecDesk household account.
- Swimmers must be age 4 & older and 32″ tall at the top of the shoulder. (At this time, we are exploring the possibility of an adult & child swim class for kids under age 4) Please email our Parks & Recreation Director if that is something you would like to see in the future. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Swimmers will advance through the levels according to the City of Fircrest Skill Progression Sheets.
- In the event that the pool must shut down, makeup lessons will not be given.
Swim Team: (FULL)
The Fircrest Amateur Swim Team (FAST) is a developmental swim program that offers a low-pressure, fun swim program for aspiring swimmers. To qualify for FAST Your child needs to be able to swim 25 yards of Freestyle and 25 yards Backstroke to be considered for the team. On the first day, we will test all swimmers to place them in the appropriate group and will let you know at that time if the swim team is the right fit for your child. If your child is not quite ready for FAST our swim team coaches will recommend a swim lesson level that is appropriate for your child to learn the skills required to eventually join the swim team. Online registration is required; spots are limited.
June 28 – August 20
M/W/F 7:30 – 9:00 am
Registration for Fircrest Residents begins Monday, June 14th at 6 pm. Registration opens to the general public on Thursday, June 17th at 6 pm.
- Resident $75
- Non-Resident $125
Registration closes on Friday, June 25th at 6 pm. Following the close of registration, our Head Coach will be sending out an informational email to the entire team. For any questions please email our Parks & Recreation Director Jeff Grover at email@example.com.
Children 5 & under swim for free. The related admission price will be required of all customers 6 years of age and older admitted into the Edwards Family Aquatic Center.
- Unlimited FREE swim at the Edwards Family Aquatic Center Rec Pool and Tot Pool. (Tot Pool is limited to children 6 & Under)
- Fircrest Residents – $62.50 for the first pass, $40.00 for additional passes.
- Non-Residents – $137.50 for the first pass, $87.50 for additional passes.
- Season Passes expire at the end of the season.
- Passes must be purchased at the pool during open swim office hours.
- While under COVID-19 Restrictions, season pass holders will still be required to make an online reservation.
We will be offering evening pool events on the 1st Friday and 3rd Saturday of the month, July through August. Reservations will be required, and spots are limited. Events will be posted on the City of Fircrest website calendar and on the City’s Facebook page.
Outside food and beverages are allowed, however; glass containers are prohibited in the facility.